(To find the full list of facts, head straight down to the bottom of the blog post)
In it’s current state, the process of buying and selling crochet & knitting patterns feels a bit.. dated. With platforms like Etsy that take so much of your earnings as a designer, it can be daunting to want to continue selling when you see so much of your earnings go away.
Other classic platforms do a better job but appearance can be harsh and no real upgrades have been made, making it feel like the times just aren’t changing with the technology that we have at our disposal. There is definitely room for this fiber industry to feel more fresh.
As a crafter, it can also be difficult to find exactly what you’re looking for and there are just so many quality of life improvements that haven’t made their way into industry standards.
This year, Ribblr has become my new focus! This platform offers so many bells and whistles when it comes to crafting in the fiber world and does a remarkable job at disrupting what we are used to. I was able to say yes to the opportunity to becoming the Chief Marketing Officer for the tech startup and I am thrilled to be apart of the team!
Even without my position and purely just a crochet designer, this is the platform that I am happy to be focusing on selling my designs here. (Which I am exclusively doing now!) The product they offer is only growing with time and it’s really changed how I go about designing.
It’s quite difficult to encapsulate everything that Ribblr offers to designers and crafters alike in one place so down below, I will be sharing 25 quick facts about Ribblr that I think is worth it for you knowing about! Although I am quite bias, these are facts about the platform that you can get excited about.
If you want to browse Ribblr now, you can click here! You can take a look for yourself without an account but if you sign up today, you will receive a free interactive pattern straight to your Ribblr Library!
If you would like to find the video tutorials about all the aspects of Ribblr, You can find the full YouTube page HERE
25 rapid fire facts and features about Ribblr
1. Ribblr is a Free App for any mobile device / tablet
2. Ribblr offers interactive patterns
3. You can view stitch tutorials in the patterns
4. Instagram Reels and Tik Toks can be added to a pattern
5. Ribblr allows you to cross out rows / rounds with a simple tap
6. Ribblr is a pattern builder within your shop (you can even do this from your phone!)
7. Ribblr has the lowest sale fee’s out of any platform
8. You can earn points with your link to lower your sale fee’s (With $elFee points)
9. You can convert your Ribblr pattern into a PDF
10. If you make an edit to a pattern, it’ll automatically edit the pattern for everyone that owns it
11. You can sell finished makes and the original designer earns royalties
12. You can find crochet, knitting, and sewing patterns
13. You can create “Journals” to add photos and your own notes
14. You can doodle on a pattern by freehand
15. You can test patterns and find pattern testers
16. There is an instant chat feature
17. You can join in on the community with threads and posts
18. You can find on sale patterns every Thursday
19. There are weekly giveaways happening each week
20. You can follow your favorite shops and designers
21. You are able to contact support and remove patterns from libraries if they are abusing the pattern in any way.
22. The patterns are eco-friendly
23. You can find both free and paid patterns
24. You have instant access to your pattern library on your phone
25. Patterns come with smart sizing so you can choose your size and work directly with those measurements
The list goes on AND we have new features that are coming in the very near future that will only make it easier for designers and crafters! Did you see a feature that interests you? Let me know down below what appeals to you and check out my Ribblr shop for all my exclusive patterns.