Being a Yarn Punk means being a part of a community. If you don’t know what Yarn Punk is yet, be sure to head HERE to learn more about what being a Yarn Punk means. Now, on the Knot Bad and Yarn Punk blog, we are opening it up to all of YOU!
There are wayyyy too many creative people in this yarn industry, and truth be told, many of your pieces you all make blow my work out of the water. With the internet being such a noisy place, it can sometimes be difficult to be seen and get your name out there. Here is a chance to shine and show off some of your imagination!
This opportunity is open to those of you who are designers and bloggers – or want to become one! We would love to share you patterns/tutorials on this site, crochet and knit both welcome; this will be open year round.
So what kind of content are we looking for?
We are looking for anything creative! Here are some examples that will fit the theme of the Blog:
- Amigurumi – Big and small welcome.
- Wearables – Anything that can be worn such as sweaters, scarves, hats, etc.
- Home Decor – Something that brings life to the house!
- Yarn Punk Tutorials – Have a way of spicing up your clothing in a Yarn Punk way? Here’s an example of a tutorial HERE.
Qualifications to Apply:
- Experience with pattern writing; you will have to know how to write clear and concise patterns that will make it legible for readers to understand.
- You will need at least TWO shots of the finished piece
- Any step-by-step photos for parts of the pattern that may be confusing. or a new concept.
- Being able to deliver all parts by the decided deadline.
How do you benefit from from this?
It may seem odd to just give away some of your creative property for free, but here are some advantages to doing so!
- This will give you the opportunity to be viewed by a new audience; With an average of over 30,000 page views a month, your work will be seen by other makers!
- You will be able to have a small blurb about yourself and and link to all your other socials.
- Free promotion on Pinterest from my end.
- A way to ping back to your own blog!
- You will still be allowed to sell the final PDF of this pattern; but you will have to wait 30 days before you can publish it on your own website if you choose to do so.
If you have any other questions about this, please email Knotbadcrochet@gmail.com! Down below is the submission form:
Thank you so much for your interest! We will be in touch with you within a week – from there, we will discuss deadlines and more details!